After years of testing, Watson Racing brings you its much-anticipated, S550 Mustang HEAVY DUTY & LIGHT WEIGHT, 9-inch Independent Rear Suspension System. Designed for the serious Drag racer that doesn’t want to cut up the back of their Mustang S550 to install a solid rear axle.
Proven and validated in Watson Racing's 2015 S550 Mustang street/strip Drag Race car. As a result, Watson's S550 was the First fastest street-legal S550 on the planet. Running consistent 8.50’s with over 1000-HP. Watson's S550 Mustang is seen here on the Watson Racing YouTube Page. This racecar hasn’t just made a few passes - it competes regularly in numerous NMRA and NMCA True Street Drag race competitions around the country!
The features and benefits of our Mustang S550 IRS Drag Race System are numerous!
- Equal-length double A-arm design with adjustable Toe and Camber. Geometry designed specifically for drag racing means launching HARD and STRAIGHT.
- LIGHTWEIGHT - 100-percent Tubular Chromoly construction is strong and saves weight. 110 pounds weight savings over stock!
- Subframe bolts in using all factory mounting points, with very little modification required for installation.
- Features Wilwood inboard disk brakes, reducing unsprung weight while allowing clearance to run an off-the-shelf 15-inch drag race wheel(15x10 4.75 bolt circle).
- Fabricated 9-inch Ford differential housing offers endless gear ratio options and makes center section changes a breeze (9-inch gear set/differential not included).
- We proudly partnered with G-Force Engineering on the custom 35-spline axles, included with the Watson IRS kit.
- Billet aluminum spindles provide incredible strength and light weight.
- Highest quality components throughout. Aurora Bearing rod ends, HOWE Precision Ball Joints (re-build-able), Wilwood brakes, and G-Force axles, combined with double-shear design and high-strength Chromoly mean this system was meant to last.